goPuff is seeking a Mobile Developer to take responsibility for building, operating, and maintaining the iOS and Android mobile applications as we rapidly iterate on features and design. Commitment to a collaborative process and providing high quality scalable solutions is essential.
- Take ownership and develop mobile native and mobile web applications
- Develop mobile applications, architecture and infrastructure design, and deployment activities in iOS and Android leveraging webviews
- Translate verbal requirements into written use cases and testable user stories
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Code maintainability and clarity is desired over performance
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Implement automated unit and integration tests (TDD preferred)
- Operationally support the system for correctness of the business and rapidly respond to production issues
- Work towards providing clarity in ambiguous environments
- Minimum 6 years of cumulative mobile app development, design, and/or architecture experience with any of the following areas:
- Hybrid Mobile Applications (Angular/Ionic, React Native, HTML/CSS, JS, Cordova)
- Server-side/Middleware (REST API services, microservices, Node.js)
- Native Application development (iOS and Android)
- Minimum 4 years hands-on Android/iOS Native mobile app development experience
- OR Minimum 4 years hands-on Angular/Ionic, and/or React Native and/or PWA development experience
- Minimum 1 year supporting a production application with an active user base
- Minimum 1 year of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements or supporting mobile app development as part of a team
- Experience deploying applications to the App Stores
- Experience with Mobile Application features including geolocation, storage/filesystem, camera, barcode scanning
- Familiar with cloud data NoSQL storage solutions, CosmosDB, S3, dynamoDB or similar
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, Git and Github preferred
- 6 years as a professional software developer
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 80+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.