The company is at a pivotal point in its development, growing rapidly, and plans to hire an Operational Training Manager. This role will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a global training program for our ever-growing Field Operations team, ensuring high-quality and consistent customer and employee experiences across all goPuff markets. They will be a critical partner with our operational leaders, ensuring that every new employee has the training, support, and tools they need to succeed in their role. The ideal candidate is experienced in scaling high-performance operational training functionality and has deep experience on-boarding, training, and managing new hires. As a member of the Operations team the Operational Training Manager will report directly to the VP of Business & Operations. Specifically, this person will:
Role & Responsibilities
- Establish a deep understanding of goPuff’s business, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Develop, implement, and execute continuous operational training materials and programs for field employees including, but not limited to; new hire on-boarding, upskill training for existing employees, new and tenured manager development
- Using a data-driven approach, identify and promote continuous improvement opportunities in operational training capabilities
- Build robust mix of training capabilities including but not limited to instructor-led training, in-market training, and webinar-based training
- Work in collaboration with business units to create effective and meaningful training opportunities to better align the field and HQ teams
- Ensure training programs support performance management systems and empower employees to achieve their developmental goals and execute against their performance targets
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics and KPI tracking to ensure iterative and updated training processes and programs
- 7-10 years of relevant experience; Engineering, Operations, or a related field is preferred; MBA preferred, but not required
- Experience in warehouse distribution or retail environment is preferred
- Six-Sigma Certified
- Experience leading and executing successful lean methodology
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage large onboarding programs to train and onboard high performing employees
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Must be willing to travel at least 40% of the time
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Philadelphia, PA
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 70+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.