Manager, Corporate Development
goPuff is seeking a Corporate Development Manager who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, minority investments, and select strategic partnerships and special projects across the company.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical strategic thinker who is passionate about technology, logistics and the changing landscape of how people buy goods. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving.
The Corporate Development team is a small team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to drive explosive growth for goPuff. The roles on this team are highly visible positions that interact with goPuff’s most senior leaders. He/she will be required to handle multiple projects across a variety of business units.
What you’ll do
- Act as the primary contact in supporting goPuff's business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations /recommendations, valuation analyses, term sheets and contract negotiations
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support goPuff's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years in a combination of M&A, investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development experience at a technology company
- Experience with the deal structuring, diligence, and execution processes, including financial modeling and analysis and managing legal documentation
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain the respect of senior management and external executive
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 90+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.