goPuff is a high-growth startup that is revolutionizing hyper-local e-commerce. We warehouse and deliver thousands of products to your door super fast. We're currently operating in over 80 markets within the US and expanding quickly.
Love data? Love to make a huge impact? As the Data Analytics Lead for Operations at goPuff, you’ll lead a team of analysts and dive into data and discover insights to increase operational efficiency and improve customer experience. This is a newly created role within our full-stack Data & Analytics team that is designed to move fast. You’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact as the future success of goPuff will largely depend on our ability to execute and scale operationally.
We’re looking for a doer, problem solver, thought-leader and player-coach.
- Be the resident data expert embedded with our business partners in Operations
- Lead a team of analysts focused on areas of driver analytics, warehouse efficiency and supply chain optimization
- Drive the team to identify and solve complex/challenging operational problems
- Obtain a holistic understanding of all operational processes and perform data deep-dives to analyze problems and suggest experiments
- Own and maintain data reporting tools for all Ops and Supply Chain stakeholders
- Own data accuracy and integrity
- Identify gaps in existing data, create data product specs and work with Engineering teams to implement data tracking
- Partner with Analytics team members and other functions to share insights and best practices, ensuring consistency of data-driven decision-making throughout the org
- Apply your technical skills to help improve forecasting models for order volume, driver supply, and SKU-level demand
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics with specific focus in areas of operations and supply chain logistics
- Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or other quantitative discipline
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis, forecasting/predictive modeling methods, and experiment design
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient in R or Python
- Experience with distributed databases such as Redshift/Vertica, Hadoop (Hive)
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, PeriscopeData
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning and give back