goPuff is seeking a rockstar, self-starting and ambitious individual to lead a start-up Retail Operation. As a Store Associate, you will be in charge of our customer-facing retail location. You will be working with a strong central team that will give you the tools you need to succeed in delivering a great customer experience. If you’re a growth-minded individual, if you like to have the ball, we want to talk to you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with general operations according to company policies and procedures
- Build and maintain a sales and service culture focused on customer experience, brand awareness, and loyalty. Create and foster a sales-focused environment through the training and development of team members at all levels
- Ownership of overall store appearance in accordance with marketing and merchandising guidelines, while providing a great customer shopping experience through efficient and reliable retail operations management
- Ensure visual presentation guidelines are maintained at all times, including signage and pricing
- Maintain store inventory levels and safety standards; ensure asset protection
- Participate in product knowledge training and implement in-store through team coaching
- Effectively use company information, tools, and systems to meet customer and team member need
- Drive retail sales, margin, and company metrics
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years of retail sales, customer service, or hospitality management experience
- Prior experience on a sales-focused team and creating a sales culture/environment, and managing overall financial performance
- 21 years of age or older
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires
- Strong business agility and flexibility
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at a time and meet deadlines
- History of willingly assisting others and acting as a team player
- Self Starter: You can execute tasks, but you rarely have to be asked. You take the right actions where needed and do so independently
- Excellent communicator: You take the time to effectively listen to others and eloquently communicate the why, when leading a team through any initiative
- Intellectually curious: You never stop asking why or seeking to understand the root cause of issues
- Grit: While others in a room are talking about the impossibility of a challenge, you are in the corner getting to work. When you are done conquering a challenge you look immediately for the next one
- Strong Leader: Your people trust and respect you because you have earned their trust and respect. You recognize that your success is merely the sum total of the individual successes of your team members
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 80+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.