The Merchandise Financial Planner at goPuff will be pivotal in maintaining profits by planning inventory and purchasing budgets consistent with top line financial plans. goPuff is ideally looking for someone with startup experience and a keen acumen to help build the foundational elements necessary to drive their plans into effect. Strong analytical and communication skills are essential to work cross departmentally and collaborate on future opportunities driven by the thorough analysis of current and prior business trends. Helping to identify new product lines and opportunities within existing and future categories with the evidence supported by data will be a preferred talent in this role.
- Create the budget and purchasing strategy consistent with financial targets
- Work closely with Merchandising and Supply Chain teams to best accommodate current trends
- Build and monitor merchandise forecasts and ladders
- Create and maintain OTB reviews with assortment adjustment recommendations as needed
- Perform historical analysis and maintain hindsight documentation to support current and future promotional opportunities and inform strategic recommendations
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis
- Analyze financial and operational performance and effectively communicate findings
- Assist with the development of analytical tools and company reporting
- Partner with various departments to provide recommendations for process improvements and enhance business performance
- Assist in identifying risk/opportunities and disseminate results and accountability across the organization
5+ years of merchandise planning experience
- Experience in building and optimizing reporting processes
- Experience in impulse and consumable or convenience markets is a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams and departments
- Bachelor’s Degree
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 90+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.