Continuous Improvement Specialist; Philadelphia, PA
goPuff’s Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for implementing a global process improvement program for our ever-growing team, ensuring high-quality and consistent customer and employee experiences across all goPuff markets. They will be a critical partner with our cross functional leaders, ensuring that every employee has the training, support, and tools they need to safely succeed in their role. The ideal candidate has experience functioning in high-performance operations, warehouse and/or manufacturing environment. This person is ALWAYS driving small improvements in processes, is passionate about developing and motivating through positive influence with cross functional partnerships, and loves making something from nothing!
- Collect and Analyze operational metrics and data daily
- Perform routine audits of standard work and best practice implementations
- Plan and executive CI projects and initiatives, support CI activities across warehousing, supply chain, quality and general business operations.
- Participate in CI efforts for markets through the development and implementation of Lean Transformation events such as 5S, kaizen, value stream mapping, green belt projects, GEMBA, RCCA, etc.
- Provide hands-on training, mentoring and coaching to all level of internal customers on CI initiatives, project scope; educate personnel about change management.
- Encourage engagement to transform culture toward focus on continuous improvement, waste reduction, quality, safety, etc.
- Project manage approved Continuous Improvement programs by coordinating necessary human and operational resources and setting and implementing budgetary and timing controls to achieve chartered goals.
- Facilitate and lead Continuous Improvement events as a subject matter expert while empowering operational staff and teams to present ideas and create improvements and solutions.
- Leverage best practices gained through Continuous Improvement activities to other activities which would benefit from implementation.
- Develop, deliver, and support programs to teach personnel about lean principles, tools & concepts: problem solving, coaching, Kaizens, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, 5S, TP99 and product flow.
- Monitor, assess, and develop metrics and KPI to measure the cycle of change management; champion the CI initiatives and recommend process improvement to management team based on assessment of changes, CI Projects, project implementation, etc.
- Travel to other sites for CI implementation and on-going CI Project management as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in an operations/manufacturing or warehousing environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors.
- Strong change management skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
- Willingness to travel 25-50% and ability to work remotely successfully
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to balance attention to detail with swift execution
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 85+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.