Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional ground-breaking products and services to help the underbanked with access to financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to the customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
As the Accounting Manager, you will elevate the accounting function by running an efficient monthly close, managing our audits, creating and testing controls, carving out new business lines, and more.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will lead Pangea's Accounting function. Successful candidates are passionate about building a best-in-class accounting function. If you have strong attention to detail, enjoy solving complex accounting challenges, and implementing innovative solutions – we want to talk to you!
- Liaison with cross-functional teams ensuring company compliance with regulatory and tax requirements
- Oversee all financial processes; planning, forecast, month-end close, journal entries, and cash management
- Make sure that the appropriate internal controls are established, documented, and followed in relation to cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and capital accounts
- Stay up to date within general accounting standards
- Manage and improve all financial reporting, whilst diligently documenting your work
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve processes through automation, standardization, etc.
- Build scalable processes that produce accurate financials
- Serve as the primary contact with external auditors
- Lead the annual audit along with working with the Head of Finance in preparing the annual financial reports
- Assist the Head of Finance and other senior leaders in preparing additional analyses, as requested
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and your CPA
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, including 1 - 2 years of experience in public accounting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Personal integrity and commitment to individual and team accountability
- Strong IT skills, including an understanding of ERP/EPM systems; experience with implementations a plus
- Experience in a rapid growth environment
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.