Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making international money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and are creative, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Director of Demand Generation to lead Pangea’s Acquisition and Retention Marketing who will drive multi-channel customer acquisition, retention, and conversion efforts. In this role you will oversee acquisition marketing in a high-growth environment using a full marketing mix, including search, social, affiliate and display. You will drive customer retention and reduce churn in partnership with marketing and product teams. Develop a pipeline for innovation across marketing channels, promotional offers and messaging, using A/B and multivariate tests to test hypotheses.
The ideal candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment, has a roll up your sleeves attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a highly visible role within the organization.
- Oversee all aspects of the consumer journey, including consideration, acquisition, and retention.
- Support the Head of Marketing’s strategic vision & strategy.
- Own execution and performance reporting process and analysis on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Oversee work completed by the digital agency, consultants, and partners in executing campaigns, building reporting and sharing customer and performance insights.
- Identify and prioritize acquisition channels that provide the lowest cost per acquired customer (CAC) and greatest return on marketing budget (ROI), including SEM, Paid Social, Affiliates, retargeting, content marketing, and website management.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Lifecycle Marketing Manager; drive and oversee the execution of personalized CRM & loyalty campaign development, testing, management and optimization of marketing strategies.
- Deliver targeted content and offers to key customer segments based on transactional and behavioral data through email and other key channels (e.g. in-app, push, Facebook, etc.).
- Track, evaluate, and disseminate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual program learnings/performance.
- Develop a pipeline for innovation across marketing channels, promotional offers and messaging, by staying on top of the latest trends/innovations and using A/B and multivariate tests to determine impact and long term viability.
- Partner with internal creative and brand teams to develop integrated marketing messaging and creative execution.
- Clearly communicate business requirements; partner with technology teams and external vendors to build software and processes to enable customer targeting/segmentation, campaign execution, and measurement at scale.
- Promote continual creative improvement and lead programs to expected ROI with an understanding of cost of acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Mentor, motivate and develop relationships with team members and ensure they are set up for success.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience with a full digital ecosystem of paid media across ppc, display, paid social, seo, and site optimization.
- Strong analytics and experience with Looker or other data/ statistical programs.
- 5+ years of experience in Acquisition and Retention Marketing.
- A confident, dynamic leader. You’re known far and wide for your impressive relationship building skills.
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects.
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization and can present your thoughts to everyone individual contributors as well to top execs.
- Results oriented. You love to exceed set goals and take on new projects.
- A highly analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics.
- Data-driven with a consumer-first focus. You have a strong track record of driving growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product/services.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
- Proven ability to improve customer acquisition and retention at scale in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Hands-on experience with DMP/DSPs, SEM Platforms, digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, etc.).
- Ability to influence, build business cases and clearly communicate business requirements to justify allocation of technical resources.
- Feels comfortable using reporting tools such as Tableau/Looker to dig into and understand data. Experience working with BI or analytics teams to build marketing infrastructure and data capabilities.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented orientation. Roll up the sleeves mentality where no job is too small and or too big. Having a solution mindset is essential.
- MBA (preferred)
- Experience with similar business models (preferred)
- Speaks a second language (preferred)
- Experience with hyper-local marketing (preferred)
- Experience with multicultural marketing (preferred)
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.