Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for software engineers to build and maintain features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android, and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Design and build features for the Pangea Android app.
- Collaborate with the product team to review and refine requirements.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Collaborate with your team to define internal APIs used by the mobile app.
- Ensure application quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related.
- 3+ years of experience building Android apps using Java and/or Kotlin.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and how to deal with Android variations.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services.
- Experience with threading and performance tuning.
- English and Spanish language fluency
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.