Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making international money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and are creative, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Intelligence (BI) Product Manager will be responsible for driving innovative improvements in how Pangea uses data to help make important business decisions. The BI Product Manager will work with business stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives and apply technical and analytical knowledge with ingenuity to empower others to derive insights that will drive the business forward.
The ideal candidate will understand Pangea’s vision and own the definition and modeling of data to deliver self-service tools leveraged by our finance, marketing, product, executive and development teams. The BI Product Manager will report directly into the VP of Product.
- Drive the long-term data model, visualization and analytics vision, aligning with overall business priorities
- Work closely with data engineers to integrate new data sources into the Pangea Data Warehouse
- Strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible
- Contribute to documenting the right source and definition for our metrics
- Work closely with business teams to understand the problems they are trying to solve
- Proactively and effectively communicate on scope and progress of new data initiatives
- Develop data models in the Data Warehouse, Tableau, and Looker
- Maintain source-of-truth definitions of each data field
- Document requirements for new data initiatives
- Manage roadmap for data-related initiatives, ensuring timely delivery
- Ensure reporting tools are set up for self-serve usage by other teams
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and current technologies used in the BI process
- 4+ years of experience with high complexity BI projects with a proven track record
- 4+ years of Product Management experience in internal or external customer-facing data products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or other related field
- Demonstrated skills in modeling, dashboarding, reporting, and analytics products
- Presentation skills, with excellent ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage and communicate progress against roadmaps
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.