Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a dynamic team that’s re-envisioning the Pangea brand. This means you’ll play a key role in defining what the world thinks about Pangea! You will do this by helping lay the strategic foundation of the Pangea brand and championing the brand internally. Ideally, you have a blend of creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills. With those, you will help define the Pangea brand and how we use it across a range of methods.
You will also monitor brand health metrics and competitors’ moves to keep the brand focused and fresh. You will be responsible for educating the internal team on the brand and how to apply it to their roles. In addition, you will be leading a team of creative designers, copywriters, and translators to oversee the development of Pangea’s creative and copy assets.
- Define, develop, and own Pangea’s brand strategy.
- Synthesize 3 key elements to define the company’s brand vision: Mission statement and values, customers’ needs, and Pangea’s product offerings and its competitive advantages.
- Conduct research, while managing intra-departmental communications, to develop the insights required to inform the brand strategy work.
- Organize quantitative and qualitative research to aid in the understanding and refinement of customers’ needs.
- Perform periodic research studies of competitors’ products, brand positioning, and marketing communications to understand Pangea’s competitive stance.
- Closely communicate with Product and Enterprise leadership to proactively support newly launched products and partnerships.
- Present insights and an evolving brand vision to partners, stakeholders, and Pangea’s leadership team
- Develop and assist in executing a creative learning agenda.
- Define innovative opportunities for positioning Pangea’s products and value proposition, as tied to the overall brand strategy.
- Partner with Digital and CRM within the marketing team to develop creative assets specific to each channel (digital, offline, CRM, website, etc).
- Manage the prioritization pipeline by leveraging our project management tool, ensuring that your team’s work is aligned with the company’s top objectives.
- Lead the development of content and creative pieces.
- Internalize test results to continuously refine insights and ensure an always-on testing cycle that helps continuously improve marketing KPIs.
- Roll up your sleeves and step in as a copywriter/editor where needed.
- Evangelize brand standards and develop usage guidelines and templates that support the business
- Manage Pangea’s PR strategy & content.
- At least 5 years of experience managing brand research and creative/copy work.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- Experience with at least one project management tool (Asana, Monday, Bluejeans, etc).
- Sincere interest in researching and internalizing customer needs.
- An innate ability to translate data and customer insights into actionable recommendations related to brand, creative, and copy improvement.
- Proven success managing across Marketing/Product teams and influencing your peers and leaders within the company.
- Native Spanish communication abilities, which are highly preferred.
- Previously worked in the financial services industry and/or working in a startup environment, as a plus.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.