Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for backend software engineers to build and maintain features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android, and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and services as part of the Pangea platform.
- Integrate with third-party financial service platforms.
- Work with a team of engineers to build new features.
- Debug production issues and contribute to improving platform reliability.
- Contribute to improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related degree.
- At least 3 years of development experience with C#, preferably with knowledge of both ASP.NET and .NET Core.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.
- Good understanding of designing and using REST APIs.
- You are familiar with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
- You have pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team.
- You are a quick learner, desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and thrive in ambiguity.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.