Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making an international money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and are creative, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Compliance Analyst in our Mexico City office, you will work closely with our Global Legal & Compliance team to assist in the prevention, detection, and reporting of financial crime and other unusual, suspicious, and high-risk activity.
This includes analyzing and advising on potentially unusual or suspicious activity identified by the company’s automated transaction monitoring system, as well as reporting on alert effectiveness and customer behavior trends that need to be further incorporated into the alert system, etc.
- Prevent, detect, and report unusual, suspicious, and high-risk activities
- Work with L&C team to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of current processes and technology to help the company scale globally
- Review and analyze market and customer data
- Prepare and file reports
- Assist with conducting investigations
- Conduct customer due diligence
- Work cross-functionally both as a team player and as an independent contributor
- Assess risk for products and services
- Completed your undergrad education
- CAMS or CNBV certification is strongly preferred
- Have, at a minimum, two years in risk analysis or AML/ATF Compliance, as required
- Bilingual (Fluency in Spanish AND English)
- High proficiency in Excel and Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent critical thinking skills - we need someone who knows how to spot the issues, and comes up with suggestions for solutions!
- Proven experience in a demanding support role with varying responsibilities
- Resourcefulness and the ability to deliver results with minor supervision or oversight
- Results-driven and passionate about building and scaling a new business
- A sense of pride in your work and desire to grow within the company
- Experience developing reports for senior management
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.