Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Pangea Money Transfer, we are dedicated to building the world’s best platform for consumers to transfer money internationally by reducing the cost and pain points of money transfer while maintaining high reliability and security standards.
We are looking for software engineers to build and maintain new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Manage and mentor of team of engineers while involved in hands on development
- Manage the technical delivery of platform features and third party integrations.
- Drive the overall architecture of the Pangea platform.
- Define engineering standards, tools, and processes.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related degree.
- 10 years of experience including hands-on software development, leading teams and projects, and mentoring other engineers.
- Strong technical skills across a broad range of full stack development, REST APIs and data architectures.
- You are familiar with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
- You have pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team.
- You are a quick learner, desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and thrive in ambiguity.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.