We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
The GoodRx Research team taps internal and external data to generate insights about medicine and drug pricing in the U.S. We produce data-rich content, build new products, and work with journalists to engage and inform millions of Americans about their medication options. If you have a passion for using data to help people understand their health, GoodRx wants to hear from you.
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking an experienced Health Economist to join our growing research team. The ideal candidate is creative and curious, has a deep understanding of the vagaries of the U.S. healthcare system and drug pricing, and knows how to plunder datasets large and small to generate compelling and clear insights. We tackle a complicated and increasingly important aspect of healthcare - drugs and drug pricing - and seek to tell stories through data. Our research has been featured in the New York Times, Bloomberg, NBC News, and other leading media organizations; we have collaborated with researchers from Stanford, Harvard, and Duke, among other institutions.
- Apply health economics and data analysis techniques to inform industry issues and trends
- Leverage internal and external data sources for analysis, modeling, and visualizations
- Create topical narratives, including weekly reports and quarterly white papers
- Guide data collection efforts and identify opportunities for new data generation
- Contribute to research quantifying GoodRx’s growing impact and relevance
Skills & Qualifications:
- A graduate degree in economics, statistics or another quantitative field, Ph.D. is preferred; industry experience is a big plus.
- Experience with data science tools such as R, SQL, and/or Python is required.
- Demonstrated ability to turn data into cogent insights and research products, including writing and explaining research methods and conclusions to non-expert and non-technical audiences
- A knack for visualizing data in innovative and compelling formats; knowledge of Excel is required; knowledge of Looker (or equivalent such as Tableau) is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, accurate, and fast.
- Passion for using data to tell stories
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.