At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
You love React. There’s something about passing down those props and turning them into a living, breathing web experience that’s just… fun. You know every class lifecycle hook, and what you should do with each of them. You’re playing around with Hooks, if not using them in your work, and you know how they relate to traditional lifecycle hooks. You like to test your components in Enzyme or React Testing Library, and you have opinions about how you should write those tests.
You’re adept at writing reusable CSS, SASS or LESS. Maybe you use BEM, or Tailwind, or you’d like to. Bonus points if you have a passion for Design Systems, and re-usable component systems.
You write clean, compatible, powerful user interfaces with speed and you have a passion for understanding your audience and dreaming up ways to build great technological futures for them.
As our Frontend Engineer on the cross-functional SEO team, you’ll work with world-class designers, product managers, content writers and subject matter experts to turn new ideas into tangible user experiences used by millions of people each month using modern web technologies. Our frontend stack includes React.js (of course), NodeJS, Express, Webpack, Redux and Fastly.
- Help us build out our new Responsive Design System and reusable components using React, Storybook and Tailwind CSS
- Help educate our users by building compelling, valuable original content pages
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automatically-testable React JSX
- Build our UI framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data—code, widgets, and all—and help us identify and document its emergent rules
- Collaborate with our cross functional SEO team and the broader team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
Skills & Qualifications:
- Code: React. You know it well. Very well. And you’re passionate about it.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years developing and shipping clean, efficient, and compatible web apps where attention to detail and pixel perfect responsive layouts were critical
- Communication: you’ve worked in Agile and you enjoy communicating with product owners
- Portfolio: A portfolio of real projects
Good To Have:
- Experience building Design Systems with Storybook or similar
- Experience with a range of automated testing approaches, from unit tests to integration and end to end testing
- Experience with Selenium or Cypress would be nice
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com