At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle from the initial idea through prototyping and shipping the final product. Our work always starts in the same place: does this improve the patient’s experience? It’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to voice their thoughts and ideas. If this excites you, then come help us move the needle in American healthcare.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Maintain our UI framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data—code, widgets, and all—and help us identify and document its emergent rules
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services (and our patients).
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by hundreds of thousands or millions of users.
- Experience with our tech stack — React/Redux, ES6, Webpack, Babel, Jest
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate (and obsessed) about creating intuitive, scalable products.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with doctors and other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- You take pride in your ability to understand a problem space before designing solutions and will surface technical and product limitations earlier rather than later.
- You like moving fast but write tests and share context to constantly push application quality and reliability up and to the right.
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security coding environments.
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, Fastlane etc.
- Open source contributions.
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com