We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
About the Role
The Research Analyst will work closely with the GoodRx data and editorial teams and contribute to GoodRx’s status as the nation’s leading source of prescription drug pricing information and intelligence. This individual will partner with internal teams to query GoodRx data and develop hypotheses and analyses on drug trends as well as structure our dataset for ongoing analysis. Our research has been featured in the New York Times, Bloomberg, NBC News, and other leading media organizations; we have collaborated with researchers from Stanford, Harvard, and Duke, among other institutions.
- Organizing data analysis on GoodRx data for Research reports and analysis
- Creating and understanding advanced SQL queries and general database knowledge
- Working with multiple teams within the organization to analyze complex business data
- Helping design internal procedures for data consistency and cleanliness to allow for efficient analysis
- Developing requirements for data related projects and working with the team to see them from start to finish
- Collaborate with Research editorial team to suss out trends
- Collaborate on new drug content database products
- Visualizing data and results
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Statistics or related field
- Knowledge of health economics or public health preferred
- Ability to use inductive reasoning with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate data analysis results to management, staff, and clients
- Expertise in visualizing and communicating complex data to diverse audiences
- Proficiency in writing and understanding complex SQL
- Experience with statistical analysis tools, such as R, SAS or Stata
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Looker preferred
- Experience with D3 or other data visualization skills a big plus
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.