At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
The Platform team builds and maintains core APIs and services that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. Our tech stack is a mix of Go and Python and open source technologies such as gRPC, Gin, Protobuf, Envoy and Airflow, among many others.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for taking ownership of components and ensuring they are running smoothly and reliably in production while iterating on new features. You’ll also be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of new APIs and systems needed to support new product functionality.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in distributed systems, and have experience scaling low latency high throughput systems. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
Openings in both Santa Monica and San Francisco
* Select remote positions available
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Work on scaling existing services to keep up with growth
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in either Go and/or Python
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable, performant, and reliable APIs and services
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Are comfortable within command line environment
- Know your way around a relational database system
- Can take complex project requirements and turn it into a detailed technical implementation plan
- Have experience with deploying systems to cloud providers (such as AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com