At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a UI/UX Designer with a strong background in editorial and visual design. As a UI/UX Designer, you will work directly with our editorial team to create new content experiences that help people understand healthcare issues and information.
You will be a part of the entire product design life cycle, from sketches, conceptual wires to high fidelity designs and their development. Your role will contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product, and interaction. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, including medical editors, data analysts, and content strategists, to create powerful experiences that will further the editorial reach of GoodRx and help millions of people understand complicated medical news and information.
- Work with the editorial and research teams to create new designs for health and healthcare content and information
- Work closely with designers and engineers to define and maintain interface and user requirements
- Create a user interface that makes information easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Own features and experiences from initial concept to released product
- Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in content templates, prototypes, and design specifications
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product)
- 3-5 years of experience in UX or product design
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for editorial or consumer-oriented website
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Ability to own design from whiteboard sketches to final concepts
- Strong team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of visual design specifications and asset delivery for web, mobile and other platforms
- Data visualization and Illustration skills are a plus
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com