At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
Want to build new features and improve existing products that millions of Americans use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique and complex technical problems?
GoodRx is seeking interns to join our engineering team. You can help build the next-generation of our products, create web applications that reach millions of people, and work in a fun work environment. As a software engineering intern, you'll work on our core products as well as the internal services powering those products.
Projects that past interns have worked on include:
- An A/B test to integrate tele-health services into GoodRx.com
- Migrating legacy pages to our React-based stack
* This position will be at GoodRx's Santa Monica, CA office.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to solve real-world challenges
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration with team
- Work closely with other engineers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science/Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience with or a willingness to learn React.js
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Top-notch communication skills
- Willingness to learn new languages and/or methodologies as needed
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com