At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking to bring on a Senior Backend Engineer to lead the development of our backend platform and services. You’ll be in charge of designing and growing a robust and scalable platform.
Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle from the initial idea through prototyping and shipping the final product. It’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to voice their thoughts and ideas. If this excites you, then come help us move the needle in American healthcare.
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Focus on keeping our platform secure and compliant as we continue to grow
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services (and our patients).
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience with our tech stack — Node.js, Typescript, SQL, Docker, AWS
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate (and obsessed) about creating intuitive, scalable products.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with doctors and other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key
- You take pride in your ability to understand a problem space before designing solutions and will surface technical and product limitations earlier rather than later
- Familiarity with aspects of systems at scale - you can reason about OS, database, and distributed systems and are knowledgeable about the landscape of tools and technologies at your disposal
- The shell-fu is strong - you're comfortable working on remote machines and can diagnose performance issues and hard to reproduce bugs using tools like strace/dtrace/perf, and are comfortable writing ad-hoc shell scripts to aid in the process
- You like moving fast but write tests, document procedures, and share context to constantly push platform quality and reliability up and to the right
- Experience with systems languages like C/C++/Go/Rust
- Experience with React/Redux, ES6, Webpack, Babel, and Jest (or similar tools)
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security coding environments
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, Fastlane etc.
- Open source contributions
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com