At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
Our Senior Backend Web Engineers are responsible for development of all backend web components that power our Mobile Apps, Mobile and Desktop sites, REST API’s, Push Notification Services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management, development, design, and maintenance of these components - providing solutions that help millions of Americans save on their prescription drugs every year!
GoodRx Senior Backend Web Engineers tackle problems that require strong design, programming, communication and intuitive skills - and are able to turn ideas into production-ready solutions. They are deft at working with a wide variety of technologies such as Python, Pyramid, MySQL, PostgreSQL on AWS, in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
Openings in both Santa Monica and San Francisco
* Select remote positions available
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, mobile, apps, operations)
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team by setting standards for code quality and timeliness
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional, recent experience writing backend web code in Python
- Experience with at least one popular Python Web Framework: Pyramid, Flask, Django
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred)
- Professional experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- First-hand understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Advanced Integration test and unit test experience
- Strong Linux fundamentals (comfortable in shell environments)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Asana, or other issue tracking tools are a nice to have
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com