At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for self-driven and motivated Data Scientists who bring diversity and add new perspectives to our growing team. We are seeking someone with the curiosity to discover questions and subsequently answer them. This individual will have a deep understanding of statistical modeling, a solid mathematical foundation, and strong communication skills. If you join us, you will be a primary technical contributor on advanced projects across product and marketing in areas such as customer retention, engagement, recommendation systems, and pricing.
- Build predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques such as linear/logistic regression, clustering, random forests, and probabilistic graphical models (PGMs)
- Collaborate with product and marketing to translate business needs into suitable models that improve our interactions with our customer base
- Provide mentorship to analysts and advise stakeholders looking to ensure rigor in analyses
- Extract insights from data to improve our understanding of the user journey and the effectiveness of product decisions and marketing
- Partner with adjacent teams to improve data consistency and deploy models to production
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in data science and/or analytics with meaningful contributions that move the needle; ecommerce/healthcare experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; advanced degree a plus
- Strong engineering skills; knowledge of Python, RedShift/BigQuery, PostgreSQL, and/or Hadoop/Spark, Jupyter notebooks
- Experience with statistical tools and languages (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, etc.)
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com