At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
You work where design meets code. You are passionate about experimentation, innovation, and playing around with the latest front-end technologies. You write clean, compatible, powerful user interfaces with speed so that you can iterate and make adjustments to fit the needs of the user. You are also passionate about understanding your audience, and dreaming up ways to build great technological futures for them.
For this role, you’ll work closely with our Data Analysts and Data Scientist to turn their ideas into tangible and user-friendly tools. You’ll work with other Front End Engineers to create solutions for these tools while also upholding the standards that the team has built out over the years. You will be turning concepts into living and breathing prototypes and then finally into real products. Unlike other roles, you will get the chance to combine your keen sense of design and front-end chops with your inner back-end skills that you don’t get to flex as often.
- Work with our data team to design and implement rapid prototypes, by whatever means necessary
- Build our UI and Tooling Framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data—code, widgets, and all—and help us identify and document its emergent rules
Skills & Qualifications:
- Hard skills—databases and deployment. Working knowledge of how to build and use databases like MongoDB and MySQL. Ability to set up continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment with tools like Travis, Circle, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar
- Hard skills—user interface and visualization: You know every standard UI control and the tenets of human-computer interaction. You know at least basic statistics and work with real data to produce prize-worthy clear visualizations that help people connect with the meaning of the data. Knowledge of user-centered metrics with Google Analytics, and how to use that info to develop split tests or other user interface changes
- Experience: Minimum 4 years developing and shipping clean, efficient, and compatible web apps, and executing with all the hard skills above
- Soft skills: Demonstrated eye for design and solving real-world user problems. You are passionate, kind, and have a good sense of humor. You are a talker and a whiteboarder, and unafraid to step into a leadership role
Good to Have:
- Previous work with Data Analysts or Data Scientist is a plus
- Previous work building internal applications that seamlessly blend data and execution is a plus--dashboards that immediately allow for action
- Previous work with geospatial and interactive maps is a plus
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com