At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
As the User Experience Research Manager, you will help to define and lead the UX Research strategy for the GoodRx product organization. You will work closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineering partners to identify impactful research opportunities, manage resourcing, and drive quality execution of research plans.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage our UX research efforts and grow the research organization from the ground up. You will oversee contractors and make recommendations on how to best allocate research resources across a variety of product areas to best help the business and our users. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners and communicate out insights and recommendations at all levels of the organization. Your work is at the core of our vision of building amazing products that help millions of users with their healthcare needs.
- Plan, gather and analyze insights about our users through new studies and review of existing data
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, and data partners to prioritize research opportunities based on need and impact
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Determine and apply proper research methods to the type of questions being answered
- Advocate for the user and be able to clearly explain research findings and make thoughtful recommendations to the organization that align with both user and business goals
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for the research organization
- Manage resourcing and hiring of UX researchers
- Write research proposals including requested budgets as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and conducting User Experience research
- Experience creating research plans and leading overall research strategy in the web and/or mobile space.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience leading and integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Internet, healthcare experience
- Experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- Solid understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Experience managing small teams is a plus
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com