At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a copy editor who is passionate about the power of online health information and seeks to connect everyday people with content that is smart, useful, and error-free. This individual will join a team of editors, content creators, and SEO specialists in producing a first-class editorial experience around healthcare, medications, drug pricing, and insurance.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all copy is reviewed for accuracy, clarity, grammatical integrity, and formatting consistency. You’ll work closely with editors and content creators on various assets, including long-form articles, infographics, charts, data tables, whitepapers, and landing pages, and you’ll collaborate with team members to solve problems and increase efficiency in our editorial processes.
The person will not only have an obsessive attention to detail, but drawing from superior organizational skills, can self-manage and prioritize projects. They’ll also be a team player, making corrections and suggestions in a way that keeps everyone motivated to meet deadlines while creating the best content possible. The ideal candidate will have healthcare editing experience in areas such as drug information, medicine, insurance, and/or healthcare news. This role is based in San Francisco or Santa Monica.
- Copyediting and proofreading content produced by the GoodRx Research team
- Fact-checking materials to verify accuracy of information, data, and claims
- Maintaining style guide and brand standards across all published pieces
- Tracking changes and maintaining a record of copy revisions
- Providing assistance when needed for copy suggestions
- Communicating across teams to deliver quality projects on time
- Contributing ideas that strengthen our editorial process and improve on the accuracy and efficiency of our high-volume monthly production calendar
- Help create and maintain editorial guidelines for various Company initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of editing/proofreading experience
- Superior command of the English language, not limited to spelling, grammar, and usage
- Background in science, healthcare, or medicine is a plus
- Working knowledge of AP Stylebook, AMA Manual of Style, and The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience developing an in-house style guide
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet quick deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com