At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans don't get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. We started with prescriptions, and we've helped over 100 million Americans save over $15 billion to date. Now, we're aiming to tackle all of healthcare. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
As our front-end engineer, you’ll work closely with the rest of our design, engineering, product, and data team to turn ideas into tangible user experiences. You'll combine your keen design sense, stellar front-end chops, and the right technologies, to realize these ideas and validate them with users. Your wizardry will translate design concepts into living, breathing prototypes and finished products—all to help people make sense of health decisions.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automated-testable React JSX to realize our ideas
- Build our UI framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data—code, widgets, and all—and help us identify and document its emergent rules
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience: Minimum 3years developing and shipping clean, efficient, and compatible web apps, and executing with all the hard skills above
- Portfolio: A portfolio of real projects—better yet if one or two are open source you can walk us through your work on GitHub
- Training: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical—CS or HCI preferred. (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- Soft skills: Demonstrated (in your portfolio) eye for design and solving real-world user problems. You are passionate, kind, and have a good sense of humor. You are a talker and a white boarder, and unafraid to step into a leadership role
Good To Have:
- Python knowledge, experience with Python or R for data analysis
- Familiarity building clickable prototypes with Keynote, Balsamiq, Adobe Fireworks, or a similar tool
- Knowledge of how to build and use databases like MongoDB and MySQL and the ability to set up continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment with tools like Travis, Circle, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar
- Experience building isomorphic apps
GoodRx is the country's leading marketplace for affordable and convenient healthcare. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast. More than 12 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their medications. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $15 billion using GoodRx – more than $5 billion in 2019 alone. With GoodRx Care, Americans can get an online medical visit with a skilled physician for fast and easy treatment, prescriptions, and lab tests for routine medical issues. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com