At Golix, our Mission is to provide financial autonomy to everyone is Africa. We do this through our digital currency exchange in transparency. As an accountant, you will play a crucial and important role in helping to achieve our mission i.e. is centred on financial service that requires transparency and integrity and your primary responsibility is to prioritise financials and communicate the financial position of the exchange to the team as well as management.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Produce financial statements in time, monthly & end of year
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation (complies with Statutory requirements: especially payment & filing for PAYE, NEC, and NSSA before due dates)
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven working experience as an accountant
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures (IFRS & IAS as well as GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience for working directly with all other departments
- Excellent accounting software user (Online packages: Xero is an added advantage)
- You have a strong desire to learn
- You are analytical and data driven
- You have a good computer background
Nice to have’s
- At least a 2.1 Advanced Accounting Degree
- 5yrs experience in accounting field
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA added advantages
- You have knowledge of digital currencies such as Bitcoin
- IT and/or Computer Degree or certificate an added advantage