Our Mission at Golix is to give every person in Sub-Suharan Africa Financial Autonomy and it's important to us that we achieve this Mission ethically and responsibly. For this role, we need a lawyer who will help our staff members & customers comply with our internal terms and policies as well as assist regulators all over Africa build policies for this cryptocurrency age we now live in.
- You will make sure that the organisation complies with any internal policies that have been signed off by the board (KYC, AML, Privacy, cookies, etc).
- You will continually review and make suggestions on how internal policies can be improved
- You will make sure the organisation complies with regulations in any markets we operate in. (Registration, taxes, banking relationships, etc…)
- You must be able to come up with a ‘self regulation’ framework that includes best practices for regulatory compliance matters.
- You will make recommendations on what we should expect from our lawyers, accountants, investors.
- You will track what different startups in the space are working on and recommending which we can outsource to the things we cannot do internally.
- You will represent BitFinance on a wide range of topics before regulators, banking partners, policy makers and others.
- You will counsel the business, product and risk teams on a wide range of financial services, consumer protection and data privacy regulations that may impact our business and planned future products.
- You will advise on new rules and enforcement trends
- You have a Law Degree
- You have substantial experience providing timely, concise, and pragmatic legal advice to financials services organisations on regulatory matters, especially as applied to money transmitters.
- You have experience working with a financial institution, financial services regulatory agency or a sophisticated regulatory practice with a major law firm.
- You have a passion for bitcoin and cryptocurrency technologies
- You have experience in engaging directly with regulators such as, Central Banks, as well as international regulators on behalf of financial institution clients
Nice to have's
- Strong technical understanding of how bitcoin works
- You have a Degree in Risk Management
- You have a CAML expert qualification
- You have knowledge of major payment network rules and processes, including the SWIFT system and card networks