Our Mission at Golix is to give every person in Africa Financial Autonomy and it's important to us that we achieve this Mission ethically and responsibly. For this role, we need a lawyer who will help our staff members & customers comply with our internal terms and policies as well as assist regulators all over Africa build policies for this cryptocurrency age we now live in.
- You will make sure that the organisation complies with any internal policies that have been signed off by the board (KYC, AML, Privacy, cookies, etc).
- You will continually review and make suggestions on how internal policies can be improved
- You will make sure the organisation complies with regulations in any markets we operate in. (Registration, taxes, banking relationships, etc…)
- You must be able to come up with a ‘self regulation’ framework that includes best practices for regulatory compliance matters.
- You will make recommendations on what we should expect from our lawyers, accountants, investors.
- You will track what different startups in the space are working on and recommending which we can outsource to the things we cannot do internally.
- You will represent BitFinance on a wide range of topics before regulators, banking partners, policy makers and others.
- You will counsel the business, product and risk teams on a wide range of financial services, consumer protection and data privacy regulations that may impact our business and planned future products.
- You will advise on new rules and enforcement trends
- You have a Law Degree
- You have substantial experience providing timely, concise, and pragmatic legal advice to financials services organisations on regulatory matters, especially as applied to money transmitters.
- You have experience working with a financial institution, financial services regulatory agency or a sophisticated regulatory practice with a major law firm.
- You have a passion for bitcoin and cryptocurrency technologies
- You have experience in engaging directly with regulators such as, Central Banks, as well as international regulators on behalf of financial institution clients
Nice to have's
- Strong technical understanding of how bitcoin works
- You have a Degree in Risk Management
- You have a CAML expert qualification
- You have knowledge of major payment network rules and processes, including the SWIFT system and card networks