Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We’re now building a beautifully integrated and powerful suite of tools for streamers including our data platform, Arsenal.gg. With Arsenal, streamers can use powerful analytics to understand and grow their audiences and take their stream to the next level.
This position is on our Arsenal.gg team.
As our newest teammate, you will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to bring a new product to market. We’re looking for a passionate generalist with a blend of data engineering and web development experience. You’ll participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, from specification to production. You’ll also help us keep refining how we work to build a high performance engineering team that is a major growth engine of our company.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience with modern web development technologies and practices. Experience with data intensive applications is a big plus. React is a big plus but not essential.
- Experience building production data aggregation services in a modern language. We happen to use Typescript for this now.
- Experience designing and managing relationships/schemas in SQL and NoSQL datastores (such as Big Query and MongoDB).
- Experience working with others to maintain a modern developer productivity environment -- CI/CD, metrics, logging, error aggregation, etc.
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with.
We get really excited about people with...
- Proficient at creating, documenting, governing and versioning a public API at scale.
- Familiarity with a modern data workflow tool such as Airflow.
- Working familiarity a range of web languages such as Python and ASP.NET Core(C#).
- Industry experience securing production web applications.
- Experience and point-of-view on building useful automated testing suites.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience working within high-availability, high-volume web service environments.
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches. Maybe you’ve picked up something like Elixir, Rust or Go. Maybe you’re interested in functional programming.
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. As we grow, we’re building a team with deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, MLG, HumbleBundle and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), video (OBS) and web scale technology (GoDaddy, AWS, Rackspace). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.