Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based live streaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. At the core of the Lightstream Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline and we’ve partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream technology to millions of Xbox streamers.
What’s next? We’re growing. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We’re now building a beautifully integrated and powerful suite of tools for streamers including our data platform, Arsenal.gg. With Arsenal, streamers can use advanced analytics to understand and grow their audiences and take their stream to the next level.
This position is on our Arsenal.gg team. We’re looking for a passionate generalist with a blend of data engineering and web development experience. As our newest teammate, you’ll work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to bring new capabilities to market. You’ll participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, from specification to production. You’ll also be an influential member of our high performance engineering team at a company where technology drives growth.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience in modern web development. Experience with data-intensive applications is a big plus.
- Experience building production data aggregation services or data pipelines. Experience with Airflow is a plus.
- Experience designing and managing relationships/schemas in SQL and NoSQL datastores (such as Big Query and MongoDB).
- Experience working with others to maintain a high-productivity, modern development environment -- CI/CD, metrics, logging, error aggregation, etc.
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with.
We get really excited about people with...
- Hands-on experience doing data science. Transforming, visualizing and analyzing data; researching, using or integrating tools; partnering with data scientists.
- Proficiency at creating, documenting, governing and versioning a public API.
- Experience and point-of-view on building useful automated testing suites.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience working within high-availability, high-volume web service environments.
- Industry experience securing production web applications.
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches. Maybe you’ve picked up something like Elixir, Rust or Go. Maybe you’re interested in functional programming.
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We value diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At Lightstream, we want to create not only an inclusive workplace, but an equitable one for all.
We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We default to kindness and interact with trust, respect, and empathy. Everyone is allowed to have bad days and we show accountability and ownership when we do. Most of all, we are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.
As we grow, we’re building a team with deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, MLG, Humble Bundle and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), video (OBS) and web scale technology (AWS, Rackspace). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, and Drive Capital.