Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. Lightstream Cloud has launched into beta. It is an entirely cloud-based, livestreaming production pipeline: ingest, produce, composite, and distribute all via an API. POST multiple sources of video or media, GET a fully composited and produced video sent to any destination - multi-input, multi-output, multi-format, and multi-transport.
As our newest teammate and an embedded member of the engineering team, you will help Lightstream embrace DevOps best practices through continuous research, testing, and development of solutions to better empower our team with automation and self-service. You will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize the right tools and processes, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end-user experiences.
This is a hands-on, technical position that also offers the opportunities to improve team collaboration and implement strategies to reduce functional silos throughout the organization. You must possess a high standard of excellence, be relentless about continuous improvement, and ultimately champion the DevOps culture of focusing on moving the business forward and giving it a stronger technological advantage.
What we are looking for...
- Experience with mid-large scale systems and IT operations
- Comfort designing and implementing frequent, incremental code testing and deployment pipelines (CI/CD) with tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Advanced expertise with containers (Docker) in test, build, and production environments
- Solid Linux systems administration and coding or scripting skills (e.g. Shell, Python, Go, Node)
- Ability to collaborate with engineering to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure, performance testing infrastructure and troubleshoot issues
- Development of tools and systems to support developer self-service
We get really excited about people with...
- Deep experience with Prometheus, Grafana or Kibana
- Practical operational experience leveraging ChatOps
- An interest in 12-factor apps
- Kubernetes experience
- Familiarity with various database and caching systems/paradigms such as NoSQL, Redis, etc
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.