Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. Lightstream Cloud has launched into beta. It is an entirely cloud-based, livestreaming production pipeline: ingest, produce, composite, and distribute all via an API. POST multiple sources of video or media, GET a fully composited and produced video sent to any destination - multi-input, multi-output, multi-format, and multi-transport.
As our newest teammate, you will work closely with the entire engineering team on our core products and services, directly impacting the business and customers we serve. It is critical for you to work well in cross-functional teams and have a strong leadership presence that inspires other team members.
This position will participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle - from specification through development all the way to production, you will have a directly impact our products. Most importantly, as we are a startup, you must be comfortable balancing business needs and time-to-market, and willing to make the appropriate trade-offs where necessary.
What we’re looking for...
- C++ 11 or later – You can navigate your way through a core dump.
- Extremely proficient at creating, consuming, and documenting RESTful services and architecture.
- Experience architecting and administering NoSQL data storage & indexes (MongoDB preferred).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery.
- Advanced-level troubleshooting of processes or services within Linux and Windows environments.
- Automated Testing (Unit, Functional, Integration) & a healthy understanding of where & when to use it.
We get really excited about people with...
- Familiarity or experience with digital audio/video concepts and technologies such as formats, codecs, containers, and transport methods.
- Experience with GPU processing or hardware video encoding, WebGL, OpenGL, DX.
- Production experience with Jenkins or similar CI/CD software.
Experience administering AWS services: Route 53, S3, EC2 (or Azure equivalent).
- Experience working within high-availability, high-volume web service environments.
- Production experience with microservices and/or containers.
- Experience building Windows Installer installation packages.
- Experience with iOS, MacOS, or Android development.
- Have a love for parrots and a hate for Comic Sans.
- Experience with Elixir, Rust or Go.
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.