Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. Lightstream Cloud has launched into beta. It is an entirely cloud-based, livestreaming production pipeline: ingest, produce, composite, and distribute all via an API. POST multiple sources of video or media, GET a fully composited and produced video sent to any destination - multi-input, multi-output, multi-format, and multi-transport.
As our newest teammate, you will work closely with the entire engineering team on our core products and services, directly impacting the business and customers we serve. This position will participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle - from specification through development all the way to production, you will have a direct impact our products. Most importantly, as we are a startup, you must be comfortable balancing business needs and time-to-market, and willing to make the appropriate trade-offs where necessary.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience with modern web development technologies and practices- Node.JS and React is a big plus but not essential
- Extremely proficient at creating, documenting, governing and versioning a public API at scale
- Experience architecting and managing relationships/schemas in SQL and NoSQL databases (such as Redshift and MongoDB)
- Experience working with others to maintain a modern developer productivity environment -- CI/CD, containers, logging, error aggregation, etc.
- Experience and point-of-view on building useful automated testing suites
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with
We get really excited about people with...
- Industry experience securing production web applications
- Familiarity or experience with digital audio/video concepts and technologies such as formats, codecs, containers, and transport methods
- Experience and enthusiasm for architecting and maintaining data pipelines and analytics datastores
- Experience and enthusiasm for improving operational performance and efficiency of complex systems, particularly with the use of data
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working within high-availability, high-volume web service environments
- Familiarity with the Electron framework
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches. Maybe you’ve picked up something like Elixir, Rust or Go. Maybe you’re interested in functional programming
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.