Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. Lightstream Cloud has launched into beta. It is an entirely cloud-based, livestreaming production pipeline: ingest, produce, composite, and distribute all via an API. POST multiple sources of video or media, GET a fully composited and produced video sent to any destination - multi-input, multi-output, multi-format, and multi-transport.
In this role, your ultimate objective is to drive distribution, adoption and usage of Lightstream products globally by multiple target stakeholders. These include large-scale streaming platforms like Twitch, Mixer, Youtube, Facebook, Wowza, Livestream and others. Other target groups include production houses (both large and independent), sports networks, TV networks, and other large organizations investing heavily in streaming video (everyone).
Because Lightstream is a startup, your job will be to design, build and implement the company's go-to-market strategy... from scratch. While the role will eventually involve building and leading a team, the initial stages will require a very hands-on approach. Expect to sell, engage customers, design process and inform strategy in the early days.
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience at the earliest stage of go-to-market, having built and implemented strategies that rapidly grew revenue at a 100%+ y/y basis
- Experience sourcing and closing complex, large-scale partnerships that led to demonstrable product adoption
- Experience building out and scaling a developer evangelism or relations function in a platform technology company
- Demonstrable background of building high-performing teams full of the very best talent
- Highly strategic thinker, who can dissect problems down to their first-order issues and prioritize accordingly
- Comfort implementing strategies on the ground with minimal infrastructure
We get really excited about...
- Gaming industry background
- Experience with video or streaming products and technology
- Capable of holding your own in a technical product discussion
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.