Our client is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer - APIs to join the Digital Technology Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
We are a preferred supplier to 7-Eleven. This position is available for conversion to full time employment upon successful evaluation of performance. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, eclectic environment of talented professionals who are leading the industry in digital capabilities.
About the job:
The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Python and Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products.
You have a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
· Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
· Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
· 3+ years of python server development using Django, Flask, Bottle or other python frameworks
· 7+ years’ industry experience
· Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
· Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
· Expert in Node.js or Python
· Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
· Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
· Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
· Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
· Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
· A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
· Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
· Message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.)
· Background task processing (Celery, etc.)
· Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
· Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
· Ability to self-organize with minimal guidance/competing priorities and work effectively within a team
· Ability to provide innovative, creative solutions to tasks/problems
· Ability to complete work following engineering standards and best practices
· Develops clean, elegant, well-commented, and very reusable code which is easy to maintain and extend
· Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis, Memcached, etc.)
· Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git, SVN, etc.)
· Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx, Apache, etc.)
· Experience writing APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile App, etc.)
· Experience with additional languages such as NodeJS, PHP, etc.
· Understanding of Big Data platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data
· Expertise working with Hadoop/Distributed platforms
· NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couch, etc.)
· Experience with modern front-end frameworks and tools (webpack, yarn, gulp, grunt, angular, react, sass)
· Experience with BI reporting software
· Experience with high throughput infrastructures
· Expertise with Linux and deployment schemes using a configuration management tool such as Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Salt
· Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL and SQL query strings and fine-tuning them for performance
· Familiarity with WebSocket connections
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills and may be asked to complete one or more assessments to qualify for this position.
GOIN Technology is a technology consulting and managed services business headquartered in Dallas/Ft. Worth. The company is focused on CIO/CTO Advisory Consulting, Information Security, Digital Transformation, Software/Data Engineering, Innovation as a Service and Managed Services.