Our client is looking for a UX Designer to join the Enterprise Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product directors, product managers, and digital analysts to create product listings across the top eCommerce marketplaces.
We are preferred supplier to 7-Eleven. This position may be available for conversion to full time employment upon successful evaluation of performance. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, eclectic environment of talented professionals who are leading the industry in digital capabilities.
Plan, execute, and lead User Experience efforts for a wide variety of internal systems at 7-Eleven as a member of a collaborative and multidisciplinary digital transformation team. Define UX strategy for web apps, desktop software, mobile apps, API integrations, and other software solutions. Craft customer-obsessed product designs and solve for moments that matter to 7-Eleven store support personnel, field consultants, market managers, franchisees, and other users.
· Discover user needs and define user personas in a retail enterprise environment
· Create exceptional information architecture, interaction design, and visual design for modern enterprise systems (desktop, responsive web, and mobile)
· Create UX design deliverables including customer journey maps, empathy maps, user flow diagrams, UI wireframes, UI mockups, interactive UI prototypes
· Build customer empathy using modern UX techniques to understand the needs and emotions of 7-Eleven employees and contractors
· Establish UX work capacity (‘bandwidth’) and help technology and product teams strategically plan and prioritize UX effort for maximum impact to the broader organization
· Partner closely with cross-functional product teams to design impactful solutions; be personable and enthusiastic, someone who others look forward to working with
· Be a fast-multi-tasker who can turn around high-quality design work while balancing multiple work streams simultaneously
· Significant travel is unlikely, but the position may require up to 10% travel
Specific Knowledge & Skill Needed for Position:
· Candidate must present a strong portfolio of digital UI design
· UX strategy at product and organization levels; able to understand a program plan and develop a comprehensive plan for UX support
· Rapid prototyping for a wide variety of digital tools and business processes
· UI design for retail business systems
· Comply with and contribute to a digital Design System / Style Guide
· Lean UX methodology and Design Sprints expert – comfortable with rapid (1-2 week) cycles: conduct initial research, form a hypothesis, design a mobile prototype, test-and-learn directly with real customers, iterate.
· Experience organizing and facilitating Design Thinking workshops and similar means of involving users and subject matter experts in the design process
· Proven ability to work with teams in a fast-paced enterprise environment (matrix of stakeholders with different priorities)
· Experience working with Agile product development teams
· Strong English and UX writing skills are required (our team does not have a dedicated UX writer; correct grammar, clear labeling, and consistent voice-and-tone in English are shared responsibilities of all designers)
· Experience designing business systems and services for convenience retail a big plus
· Experience with modern Web / App frameworks and modular services / API development a plus
· Years of experience: 5+
· Areas of expertise: UX Design for Enterprise Systems, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Rapid UI Prototyping, Visual Design, Information Architecture, Mobile App Design (iOS and Android), User Research, Ethnographic Studies, Usability Testing, Service Design, Design Thinking Methods
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills and may be asked to complete one or more assessments to qualify for this position.
GOIN Technology is a technology consulting and managed services business headquartered in Dallas/Ft. Worth. The company is focused on CIO/CTO Advisory Consulting, Information Security, Digital Transformation, Software/Data Engineering, Innovation as a Service and Managed Services.