Our client is looking for a UX Lead to join the Digital Transformation Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product directors, product managers, and digital analysts to create product listings across the top eCommerce marketplaces.
We are preferred supplier to 7-Eleven. This position may be available for conversion to full time employment upon successful evaluation of performance. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, eclectic environment of talented professionals who are leading the industry in digital capabilities.
Plan, execute, and lead User Experience efforts for 7-Eleven’s customer loyalty product team as a member of a collaborative and multidisciplinary digital transformation team. Define UX strategy for mobile apps, web sites, and other marketing channels; craft customer-obsessed product designs; and solve for moments that matter in the 7-Eleven customer journey.
● Plan, execute, and lead UX projects for the digital product team
● Coordinate and take responsibility for the efforts of other UX researchers and designers as a leader
● Create project plans and manage your own daily progress, also assigning tasks to other UX team members as necessary
● Create exceptional visual and interaction design for modern mobile apps (iOS and Android)
● Create UX design deliverables including customer journey maps, empathy maps, user flow diagrams, UI wireframes, UI mockups, interactive UI prototypes
● Build customer empathy using modern UX techniques to understand the needs and emotions of 7-Eleven shoppers, store associates, franchisees, field consultants, and other internal and external customers
● Partner closely with cross-functional product teams to design impactful solutions; be personable and enthusiastic, someone who others look forward to working with
● Be a fast-multi-tasker who can turn around high-quality design work while balancing multiple work streams simultaneously
● Significant travel is unlikely, but the position may require up to 10% travel
Specific Knowledge & Skill Needed for Position:
● Proven ability to create and maintain a clear plan of action for multiple, concurrent UX projects with rapidly changing priorities
● Candidate must present a strong portfolio of digital UI design
● Rapid prototyping, especially for modern mobile apps, Web sites, customer-facing displays, and other digital interfaces
● Creative direction and visual design talent, especially for consumer retail experiences
● Comply with and contribute to a digital Design System / Style Guide
● Lean UX methodology and Design Sprints expert – comfortable with rapid (1-2 week) cycles of: conduct initial research, form a hypothesis, design a mobile prototype, test-and-learn directly with real customers, iterate.
● Proven ability to work with teams in a fast-paced enterprise environment (matrix of stakeholders with different priorities)
● Experience working with Agile product development teams
● Strong English and UX writing skills are required (our team does not have a dedicated UX writer; correct grammar, clear labeling, and consistent voice-and-tone in English are shared responsibilities of all designers)
● Experience designing digital products & services for convenience retail a big plus
● Skill in modern Web and mobile App frameworks and development a plus
● Years of experience: 7
● Areas of expertise: UX Team Leadership, Digital Product User Experience Design, Mobile App Design (iOS and Android), Rapid UI Prototyping, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Information Architecture, User Research, Ethnographic Studies, Usability Testing, Service Design, Design Thinking Methods
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills and may be asked to complete one or more assessments to qualify for this position.
GOIN Technology is a technology consulting and managed services business headquartered in Dallas/Ft. Worth. The company is focused on CIO/CTO Advisory Consulting, Information Security, Digital Transformation, Software/Data Engineering, Innovation as a Service and Managed Services.