Our client is looking for a Software Engineer – Sr Tech Lead to join the Digital Innovation and R&D Team. You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who research and innovate on latest technology to create awesome digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
We are a preferred supplier to 7-Eleven. This position is available for conversion to full time employment upon successful evaluation of performance. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, eclectic environment of talented professionals who are leading the industry in digital capabilities.
About the job:
As a Software Engineer – Sr Tech Lead on the digital innovation and R&D team, you’ll be leading a team of developers in creating highly available restful API, backend microservices in Java/NodeJS or Python and deal with large relational and non-relational datasets. You have solid experience in Java, React, AngularJS, Python, iOS, Android, Golang, REST, HTML, CSS, NoSQL, SQL, Cloud infrastructure.
Your areas of expertise span historical practices, best practices and innovations in the development of digital experiences. You have a passion for hands-on coding, putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products. You are curious to see where technology and the industry is going and constantly strive to keep up through personal projects and learning.
· Develop new products/features for web, mobile and voice that adhere to best practices, is easy to understand and are efficient
· Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
· Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
· Integrate new API or micro-services required to deliver the feature.
· Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
· Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and other technology teams
· Mentor junior developers on technical and product knowledge
· 5-7 Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
· 3-5 years of experience using CI-CD tools, containerized deployments and cloud architecture
· 3-5 years of Experience working with streaming data platforms like Kafka, Kinesis
· 3+ years of experience in a leading role on product development team
· 3 years of experience working in an Agile /SCRUM environment
· 3+ years of experience with the AWS/Azure/Google Cloud eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
· 3+ years of working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
· 1-2 years of experience in eCommerce and Retail business
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills and may be asked to complete one or more assessments to qualify for this position.
GOIN Technology is a technology consulting and managed services business headquartered in Dallas/Ft. Worth. The company is focused on CIO/CTO Advisory Consulting, Information Security, Digital Transformation, Software/Data Engineering, Innovation as a Service and Managed Services.