Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. We’re looking for a Studio Manager to assist with resourcing, project allocation, and quality control in our growing studio.
This individual will work closely with Project Managers, Producers, and the Creative Resources Manager to forecast production work and corresponding resourcing needs for the Studio. You’ll lead a team of Production Designers, including a Studio Art Director and other contributors responsible for producing final materials based on a broad spectrum of projects and media opportunities. In a fast-moving production department, you will deftly manage multiple deadlines, projects, and personalities. You’ll be responsible for the successful workflow between designers, writers, editors, account and project managers, and client partners. You must take initiative, be proactive, and ensure that projects are carried out on time and at the highest level of quality.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
● Managing the Studio production workflow and scheduling with Project Managers, Producers and the Creative Resources Manager, with a constant focus on quality control.
● Supervising the production of all comps, presentation materials, and final produced assets associated with creative and media commitments.
● Coordinating with department heads to properly forecast upcoming production needs and revenue streams.
● Managing FTE and freelance Studio team staff so resources are balanced with workload.
● Assisting in the creative process ensuring reviews, proofreading and approval by key stakeholders.
● Overseeing orders of Studio equipment and supplies and maintaining inventory.
● When not acting as Studio Manager, functioning as a Production Designer, creating complex documents from comps to final mechanicals using both electronic and conventional tools and techniques.
● 5+ years of experience working in studio management in an advertising or editorial-related context.
● 3+ years of managerial experience overseeing and directing a team.
● Deep understanding of the advertising, editorial, design, and creative development process and its critical dependencies.
● Must be an expert in Adobe Creative Cloud, proficient in Keynote and Microsoft Office, and knowledgeable in pre-press workflow, rip software, and printing.
● Must have a firm grasp of file management, a keen eye for typography, and a sensitivity to great design.
● Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who proactively moves initiatives forward.
● Strong comfort level and flexibility in an organic and iterative creative development process.
● Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners.