You’re a natural-born storyteller with a passion for building brands. You want to write great ads, sure. But you also want to write it all: gorgeous brand guidelines, clever social posts, and seamless UX copy. You know the beauty of brevity and that grammar rules are meant to be broken (especially on billboards). You know the tonal differences of a semicolon and an em-dash and are thrilled to debate them.
Does this sound like you? Perfect.
For years, the advertising industry has struggled to achieve a meaningful share of audience attention. Publishers, for their part, have been decimated by their struggle to monetize digital impressions. We started Godfrey Dadich to provide brands with a better way to engage with their audiences. Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. We’re looking for a copywriter who wants to roll up their sleeves and help us bridge the gap between all four.
This role is based in San Francisco. Relocation not offered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write copy for a variety of clients, from B2B tech to CPG
- Write print ads, video scripts, radio scripts, web banners, emails, brand guidelines, and more
- Partner closely with art directors and designers to make your work come to life
- Effectively pitch and present ideas and concepts internally/externally
- Balance multiple projects under tight timelines with an ability to prioritize
- An appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements. Copy doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and unless your words and the designs are working together, we’re not producing work that meets (and rises above) our standards
- 4+ years experience in an in-house studio and/or ad agency environment, as a copywriter
- Experience balancing multiple clients simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- A compelling portfolio that demonstrates high-quality copywriting and concepting within a variety of campaigns and projects
- A love for the craft of advertising and brand storytelling in all forms
- A love for explaining technical ideas in an easily digestible manner.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners.