Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. The Art Director is a central creative contributor at GDP, responsible for concepting and designing brand storytelling efforts across advertising, brand identity, and digital experiences.
This person is a multifaceted and curious creative with a mind for strategy and an eye for the tiniest design detail. S/he is a multi-platform thinker by default, interested in the unique opportunities each medium and media buy provides. The AD understands that concept and execution are inseparable when it comes to design, and knows how to execute on both at the highest level—whether creating original artwork or collaborating with a top-tier network of production partners.
The AD is a skilled visual communicator and marketing leader with 4-7 years of experience working as a designer and art director—concepting, directing, pitching, and winning campaigns. Never hesitating to jump in with a colleague to generate ideas, s/he is both a leader and a collaborator driving the creative process forward. Always setting ego aside in favor of making the best work possible, s/he can bring together a team of contributors across departments to drive success. Whatever the brief, the AD seeks to build an authentic connection with the audience in order to drive outsized business results.
Projects will include—but not be limited to—comprehensive campaign development from concept through to production and launch; advertising display across formats and media, promotional, and social media; brand identity systems; broadcast, video, digital, and motion graphics; digital experiences from web to app; pitch decks and client keynotes; and GDP-owned editorial, case studies, and self-promotion.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working in partnership with a CD, leading projects from concept to delivery across a wide range of formats: advertising, social, events, video, web, editorial, brand identity, and whatever else might come down the road.
- Balancing multiple projects and timelines with an ability to prioritize.
- Skilled communication with the client. This role requires clearly conveying the intent of the work to our partners.
- Inspiring, mentoring, and motivating a group of creatives with a diverse set of backgrounds and skill sets.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of stakeholders and always seeking opportunities to elevate our work.
- Working closely with the partners and co-CEOs to generate communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners, including owned, social, and live-event platforms.
- 4-7 years experience in an advertising agency environment, with a majority of those years devoted to creating innovative brand campaigns and initiatives, as well as brand identity systems.
- A love for the craft of advertising and brand storytelling, in all forms—all standing on a solid, fundamental foundation: great design.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful. An entrepreneurial mindset, able to blaze trails as needed.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to convey concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A deep interest in defining brand design systems. Whether it’s typography, photography, grid systems, or color, you draw inspiration from a wide range of creative outlets and bring that to your daily work.
- Basic understanding of interaction design best practices when designing for digital environments.
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch. Experience directing motion and broadcast. Competency working in Keynote and GSuite products. Figma and AfterEffects a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners