Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. The proofreader is a critical contributor to the accuracy and consistency of all internal and external communications produced by GDP. As a proofreader you’ll work with virtually every department at the firm. You’ll be part of the Studio, working closely with the studio manager, production designers, and project managers to review all communications, ensuring they are correct with respect to grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, and style.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an editorial or creative services role. You will have familiarity with the creative production process and working knowledge of the procedures, symbols, and conventions of professional proofreading, as well as the English language.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working in partnership with creative and production leads, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of formats including—but not be limited to—comprehensive campaign development; guideline creation; digital experiences from web to app; new business pitches; and keynote presentations.
- Proofreading and fact-checking all print, digital, and video work, both internally and for our clients.
- Collaborating with the Studio team to prioritize projects, provide estimated turnaround times for review cycles, and identify opportunities for improving workflow efficiencies.
- Communicating skillfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining and updating client style guides.
- Working with the writing and editorial teams to properly manage, organize, and save documents to the server.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an editorial, creative services, design, or advertising role.
- Expert knowledge of the English language.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Knowledge of event, print, editorial, and web production.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated fluency with Keynote, Microsoft Office, and GSuite products; experience with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch and other design tools is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners.