Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. The DD, Digital Experiences, is a senior design lead and advocate for user-centered design communication at GDP. This creative leader is passionate about designing digital experiences that are strategically rigorous, aesthetically compelling, measurably functional, and built with storytelling at the core.
This person is a seasoned communicator with 8+ years of experience working as a designer of innovative digital experiences across a wide range of formats. This person never hesitates to jump in with generate ideas and designs, and is both a leader and a collaborator driving the creative process forward. They will work at all times to ensure the relevance, excellence, and originality of content and experiences designed for a range of outputs and platforms. In projects large and small, close collaboration and clear communication—both internally and with our client partners—will be critical to the success of the work and the team.
This role requires someone with a concept-driven approach who constantly strives for simplicity, is known as a strategic partner to their cross-functional peers, and understands how form influences function. They are an expert in their craft, with the ability to remain curious, challenge the status quo, and empower creatives on a team to do their best work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums and create new processes to suit the goals of the work. This person can explain the “whys” behind decisions, can freely admit to being wrong, and can represent their POV with conviction.
Projects will include—but not be limited to—comprehensive web designs and redesigns; strategy documentation, persona development, user flows, UX and HI design, advertising (including campaign- and event-specific digital experiences), advertising display, promotional, social media, pitch decks,client keynotes, long-form and short-form reported brand editorial (across web, app, and social media environments), and GDP-owned editorial, case studies, and self-promotion.
This is a San Francisco-based role and will be client-facing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading projects from concept to delivery across a wide range of formats: web, brand systems, social media, event systems, video, animation, product, experiential, and more.
- Leading multiple diverse project teams across client-specified goals and timelines to drive projects forward.
- Inspiring, mentoring, and motivating a group of creatives with a diverse range of backgrounds and skillsets.
- Fostering an inspiring and inclusive work culture and empower all team members to have a voice.
- Building a foundation of trust and open communication with our client partners to better understand their goals and tee up creative success.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of stakeholders and defining opportunities to bring ideas to life.
- Shaping presentations that effectively articulate, document, and convey the concept and the logic underlying a proposed design—both internally and with our client partners.
- Managing project budgets and resourcing, both those internal to the firm and those of our client partners, always seeking to derive value and excellence from finite resourcing.
- Working closely with the partners and co-CEOs to design business and communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners, including owned, social, and physical platforms.
- 8+ years experience working as a designer and leader in a design, media, or advertising environment, with a majority of those years devoted to creating digital, video, and/or editorial experiences.
- Experience in a people management role on design teams, with the ability to coordinate, direct, and provide creative direction to contractors, partner agencies, and in-house multi-disciplinary creatives.
- Core understanding of UX design, UI component development, digital product design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography.
- Strong knowledge of design principles related to branding, product, marketing, and publishing.
- Someone with a trained eye for aesthetics who is also analytical, operationally oriented, and metrics-driven.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Highly collaborative, organized, and resourceful. A self-starter who proactively sets benchmarks and aligns expectations.
- Experience working in a product design environment a plus. Development process fluency expected.
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools, including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch. Familiarity with Figma and motion prototyping tools a plus. Competency working in Keynote, Zeppelin, InVision, and G Suite products.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners