We’re seeking an editor with a strong background in high-cadence content creation to take the lead on multiple projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in every part of the content lifecycle. You'll conceive, pitch, and assign stories, as well as research, write, and edit. You'll work with artists and designers to bring stories to life. You'll collaborate with the media team to plan and develop amplification efforts, including paid, earned, and social. You'll connect with project managers to streamline workflows and account managers to respond to client feedback. You're comfortable working quickly, on deadline, with creativity and precision. You'll be joining a team with a deep bench of editorial talent that prizes quality and the willingness to push clients and ourselves to tell stories that truly compel. Expertise and experience in enterprise technology and B2B a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing creative, compelling story ideas keyed to editorial and brand strategies, thought leadership initiatives, and campaign needs.
- Acting as our in-house journalist to build an extensive collection of case studies documenting GDP’s range of work.
- Pitching stories internally and to clients, both in writing and in the room.
- Managing and expanding a roster of reliable freelancers for writing assignments.
- Assigning and editing stories in a high throughput environment—typically multiple stories for multiple clients with tight turnaround times.
- Acting as gatekeeper and final arbiter between client and writer based on multiple rounds of feedback.
- Reporting and writing stories, developing social copy, crafting headlines, and more as needed.
- Working with project managers and account leads to develop and maintain editorial calendars.
- Collaborating with artists and designers to help bring stories to life.
- Syncing with the editorial and design teams to develop "calling card" projects that show off our chops and give us a chance to explore new ideas.
- Previous experience working as a writer and editor in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- A strong commitment to and facility for story as craft. You’re obsessed with structure. You know when to show and when to tell.
- Creative on command. Your main problem in life is taming an overabundance of good ideas, not waiting for the muse to whisper into your ear.
- Deep understanding of the content development process (web, advertising, social, etc.) and its critical dependencies.
- Precision in language and ideas. You appreciate the nuance of a concept and of a semicolon.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who proactively moves projects forward.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to work cheerfully and eagerly with clients and internal collaborators.
- Strong comfort level and flexibility with organic, iterative processes. Experience in a design-centric environment a plus.
- Deadline-phillic. Your favorite phrase is “pencils down.”
A quick study. Must be able to hop from topic to topic, domain to domain, ideally with a slant toward B2B enterprise tech and business.
GSuite, Slack, Keynote, Instagram, Office.