Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. The production designer is a brand ambassador at Godfrey Dadich Partners, responsible for ensuring that creative vision is exceptionally executed throughout production. Working closely with the Studio art director and manager, you’ll be responsible for designing creative assets that adhere to brand guidelines across different types of media formats and achieving client objectives regarding quality, consistency, and creative intent. As a close collaborator of the other production designers, you understand that concept and execution are inseparable when it comes to design, and you know how to follow direction and feedback in a timely manner.
The production designer is a multifaceted, highly motivated, and curious creative with superb organization skills, excellent attention to detail, and a high level of craft. Never hesitating to jump in to generate ideas with colleagues, you are a core visual contributor driving the creative production process forward.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working in partnership with creative and production leads, supporting projects from comps to final mechanicals across a wide range of formats including—but not limited to—comprehensive campaign development; guideline creation; digital experiences from web to app; new business pitches; and keynote presentations.
- Collaborating with the Studio art director and design team to uphold creative decisions and a high level of quality while staying close to the other Studio team members.
- Balancing multiple projects under tight timelines with an ability to prioritize.
- Communicating skillfully with key stakeholders. This role requires clearly conveying the intent of the work to our partners.
- Organizing, maintaining, and reviewing specs and client assets, always seeking to understand all the technical nuances of the production process.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of stakeholders, and always seeking opportunities to elevate our work.
- Communicating design decisions to the Studio team in a clear and consistent way.
- 3+ years’ experience in an in-house studio and/or ad agency environment, as production designer and/or production artist.
- A love for the craft of advertising and brand storytelling in all forms—all based on a solid, fundamental foundation: great design.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful. An entrepreneurial mindset, able to blaze trails as needed.
- Excellent organizational and file management skills with a focus on quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Knowledge of event, print, editorial, and web production.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to convey concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A deep interest in defining brand guidelines. Whether it’s typography, photography, grid systems, or color, you draw inspiration from a wide range of creative outlets and bring that to your daily work.
- Basic understanding of interaction design best practices when designing for digital environments.
- Demonstrated fluency with design tools including the core Adobe Creative Cloud programs, Microsoft Office, and Sketch. Competency working in Keynote and GSuite products. Figma, After Effects, 3D programs a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners.