Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. The Associate Creative Director is a senior creative lead at GDP, responsible for leading brand storytelling efforts—especially within the advertising toolset—on behalf of the agency’s client partners.
This leader wants to help brands tell better stories. They understand the value—and values—of advertising but also want to be on the right side of the industry’s evolution. They appreciate the value of good strategy and excel at honing big ideas that turn into successful global campaigns. They are a multi-platform thinker by default, interested in the unique opportunities each medium and media buy provides. And they understand how critical client relationships are to mutual success.
Crucially, this leader will play a strategic role in shaping the advertising practice at GDP, charting the path for innovative, best-in-class creative work. Working in lock-step with the partners and founders—and collaboratively with colleagues across many disciplines—the ACD will look beyond the everyday deliverables to consider new opportunities both internally and externally.
The ACD is a seasoned communicator and marketing leader with 8+ years of experience working as a writer and manager—concepting, directing, pitching, and winning campaigns. They never hesitate to jump in with a colleague to generate ideas, and they are both a leader and a collaborator driving the creative process forward. Passionate about mentorship, they can bring together a team of creative contributors with a diverse set of backgrounds to drive success. Whatever the brief, the ACD seeks to build an authentic connection with the audience in order to drive outsized business results.
Projects will include—but not be limited to—comprehensive campaign development from concept through to production and launch, advertising display across formats (and media, promotional, and social media), broadcast/video/digital, motion graphics, live event programming and creative, non-fiction narrative storytelling, pitch decks and client keynotes, and GDP-owned editorial, case studies, and self-promotion.
This is a San Francisco-based leadership role and will be client-facing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leading—and contributing to—projects from concept to delivery across a wide range of formats: advertising (broadcast, digital, print, OOH), social, events, video, web, and whatever else might come along down the road.
- Managing creative teams (often several concurrently) across multiple goals and timelines to drive projects forward.
- Inspiring, mentoring, and motivating a group of creatives with a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets across the storytelling toolset.
- Skilled communication with the client. This role requires clearly conveying the intent of the work to our partners and building relationships with our clients.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with a diverse mix of teams, balancing the needs of stakeholders and defining opportunities to elevate our work.
- Managing project budgets and resourcing, both those internal to the firm and those of our client partners, always seeking to derive value and excellence from finite resourcing.
- Working closely with the partners and co-CEOs to generate communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners, including owned, social, and live-event platforms.
- 8+ years experience in an advertising agency environment, with a majority of those years devoted to creating brand-level campaigns and innovative brand initiatives.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful. An entrepreneurial mindset, able to blaze trails as needed.
- A love for language. Whether it’s a turn of phrase, a manifesto, a brand book, or a novel, you find inspiration across a wide range of creative outlets and you bring that to your daily work.
- Demonstrated ability to work across communications types, from tagline to tweet, broadcast to bulletin.
- Experience in a people management role on writing teams, with the ability to coordinate, direct, and provide creative direction to contractors and in-house multi-disciplinary creatives.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to convey concepts clearly and persuasively.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners