Pop- Culture Video Editor
We are currently only hiring for our Montreal location. If you are not in Montreal or not willing to relocate (at your own cost) please don't apply.
Part of our application process includes sending a video of yourself answering questions (included below). Submitting a resume without sending this video will result in an automatic denial.
Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company and we don’t take that lightly. Our videos reach over 500M people each month and inspire them to dream big, equip them with the tools they need to make their dreams come true and are even known to completely change the trajectory of our viewers' lives. Our goal is nothing short of changing the world by empowering people to live the impossible -- and the Entertainment Editor plays a crucial role in that mission
Entertainment-obsessed: Are you two main passions video editing and binge-watching Netflix?
Do you live on the bleeding edge of pop culture? Do your eyes burn sometimes from watching too many celebrity YouTube videos? Dust off your editing software, Hollywood heroes, and get ready to build the future of entertainment.
We’re looking for talented video editors who not just live and breathe pop culture, but who also know how to craft basic stories into epic, inspiring videos of goose-bumping proportions.
Blending the perfect mix of narrative elements, production aesthetics, stock images and music, you will spellbind our viewers captive, keep them on the edge of their seats, make them laugh, make them weep.
- Gracefully orchestrate the process of creation from idea to publishing
- Craft basic stories into epic, inspiring videos of goose-bumping proportion for our Life Stories Channel
- Leading and executing ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope
- Provide guidance on narrative structures
- Identify relevant trending stories
- Build compelling video titles and social captions
- Be involved in all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Curate the stories that have the potential to change the world
What we’re looking for:
- A dreamy visionary
- A master in emotion driven storytelling
- A strong understanding of virality
- Highly developed ability to recognize good stories and shape compelling narratives
- Impeccable video editing skills
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Cheerfully composed under publishing pressures
- Unbeatable confidence and determination under intense criticism
Required Education :
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in film/TV production and post production
- Work experience in the world of social media
- Work experience in film/TV production and post production
- Strong research and communication skills
- Experience in Journalism
How to apply
To join and grow with the world’s largest community of achievers, please include your responses to the questions below in your cover letter. Resumes submitted without responses will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- QUESTIONS: (Please film yourself answering these, upload to YouTube or to a Google Drive and include the link in your application if you want to be considered.)
1. If there was a Goalcast video of your life, what would the storyline be?
2. What is one decision that changed your life?
3. Tell us about a time when you really crushed it in a project or job.
4. Tell us about a time when you messed up big time. What did you learn?
5. What is the most important change that needs to happen in our world and why?
Bonus: Please let us know how you found out that we are hiring ( FB video ad, FB Ads, Indeed, Linked In ...)
We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time