We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer who can comfortably speak both database and browser languages to create highly scalable systems. It is important that you have the functional knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product.
We are Go2, a fast-growing BPO startup. We are building a culture of engagement, fun and learning. Our staff stay for the long term because they love what they do and for whom they do it.
We have offices in Philadelphia (USA), Buenos Aires (AR) and Davao City (PH) as well as an extensive remote workforce across the Philippines.
We offer our work from home contractors:
- Competitive compensation - Starting salaries range from $4.00 USD to $8.00 USD per hour, depending on the role and experience.
- Paid time off / flexible holiday pay
- Real opportunities for career/skills development and advancement
About Working with Go2
A majority of our staff work with our customers in the United States and so, most hires will be required to work overnight. If you cannot be flexible with your schedule, no need to apply.
All hires are expected to have a strong oral & written English skills, great communication skills and the desire to work with and be part of a team. If you are looking for more than just a job, but to build your career, we are excited to review your application. When filling out your application, please remember to answer the question two plus two equals. The correct answer is a little tricky - it’s five. We appreciate attention to detail.
Filling out our application will take a few minutes, but we promise that all proper applications will receive a timely reply.
If the following job post does not apply to you, but everything above does, you can find a link to additional job opening at the bottom of this post, and we encourage you to contact us.
As a Full-Stack Web Developer you must have knowledge in all stages of software development, including systems and requirements design, test development and automation, server-side scripting, API design and front-end frameworks.
Candidates should be excited to learn new skills and develop powerful applications with a team of talented software engineers. You will have the unique opportunity to help shape how our development team operates, including designing internal processes for things like version control and code review, testing and deployment, user testing, feature design, and more!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Taking web applications from ideas to finished products by doing things like:
- Designing and implementing custom API endpoints
- Integrating multiple third party applications via their API’s to create unique solutions
- Researching and spec’ing potential solutions for client and internal requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Writing fantastic documentation and user guides for features and apps
- Following test-driven development protocols to develop new features
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members in a remote development workflow
And much more!
- Extensive experience creating server-side applications in one or more of the following languages (We primarily use Node and Python): Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following web application frameworks: Express, Sails.js, Django
- Experience with test-driven development or using testing frameworks. Server-side unit testing is a must. Automated frontend browser is a plus!
- Experience building, testing, and deploying web applications in multiple environments: Local Development, Staging, and Production is our typical environment model
- Experience with designing or maintaining databases a plus: SQL (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres, etc), NoSQL (mongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and experience creating frontend views from scratch (within a framework)
- Cursory or better understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing tools, such as SASS or LESS
- Proficient understanding of a popular CSS Framework (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Solid understanding of VCS and continuous integration tools, such as Git and Travis-CI
We are a remote team that relies heavily on communication. Candidates should meet all these requirements:
- Willing to work US schedule: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time (with some flexibility)
- Reliable, High - Speed Internet Connection. Wired connection with at least 2 Mbps speeds
- Backup Internet connection should be available in case of power interruptions
- A desktop or laptop that can run most resource - intensive developer tasks
Lastly, you should display the following qualities
- Great English communication skills
- Proactive in speaking up
- Reliable and dependent
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Team player
Thank you for taking the time to review our post and good luck!