Go2 is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to help build our platform from its MVP to a full-fledged application.
As one of the early members of our development team you will be learning and writing code across a variety of disciplines, from React components on the front-end to API endpoints and serverless functions on the backend. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of large segments of our product as we rapidly iterate to create features that solve issues faced by our customers.
You’ll be joining the early stages of a high growth startup, so if you don’t mind dealing with uncertainty, like the idea of operating in a meritocracy, and have a dogged determination to solve problems, then Go2 may be the place for you.
Our team values problem solving and the desire to learn more than existing experience (though it’s never a negative). We’re focused on rapid prototyping and continuous improvement of our product, not maintaining the status quo. Our projects are ambitious and challenging, there’s never a boring day!
- Candidates should be excited to learn new skills and develop powerful applications with a team of talented software engineers.
- You’ll have the unique opportunity to help build our development team from the ground up. Want to implement a new tech? Think our build scripts could be more efficient? You’ll have the chance to take your ideas and run with them.
- Build your skills and challenge yourself by working with some of the newest technologies available. We’re on the cutting edge with a stack built on React, Graphql, Node.js, Typescript and more!
- Increase your business acumen by working with our customers from a wide-range of industries to understand the common challenges they face and how the software you build will help solve them.
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others.
- NodeJS, Express.js, NPM
- Graphql, Apollo, Redux
- Python, Django
- Git, CI Tools (Travis-CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, Heroku CI)
- Extensive experience creating server-side applications in one or more of the following languages (We primarily use Node and Python): Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Contributions to open source projects as well as your own projects
- Systems Architecture and Design Skills
- API Design experience
- Build and Deployment Automation Experience
We are a remote team that relies heavily on communication. Candidates should meet all these requirements:
- Willing to work US schedule: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time (with some flexibility)
- Reliable, High - Speed Internet Connection. Wired connection with at least 2 Mbps speeds
- Backup Internet connection should be available in case of power interruptions
- A desktop or laptop that can run most resource - intensive developer tasks
Lastly, you should display the following qualities
- Great English communication skills
- Proactive in speaking up
- Reliable and dependent
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Team player
We are Go2, a fast-growing technology startup focused on helping startups scale their operations by providing people & process as a service. Go2 streamlines back office support and customer service to help anyone take the startup path and grow with us. We partner with startups of all sizes to provide holistic staffing and process improvement throughout their journey. Above all, we believe in humanizing the outsourcing experience, encouraging inclusivity and diversity, and connecting people to one another.
Our technology provides an all-in-one operating system for startups to manage their operations. Whether its process documentation and management, communication tools, task management, or insights into where your team is spending their time, the features we are building are designed to make the experience of starting and growing a company easier for our customers.
We have offices in Philadelphia (USA), Buenos Aires (AR) and Davao City (PH) as well as an extensive remote workforce across the Philippines.
We offer our work from home contractors:
- Competitive compensation - Starting salaries range from $4.00 USD to $8.00 USD per hour, depending on the role and experience.
- Paid time off / flexible holiday pay
- Real opportunities for career/skills development and advancement
About Working with Go2
All hires are expected to have a strong oral & written English skills, great communication skills and the desire to work with and be part of a team. If you are looking for more than just a job, but to build your career, we are excited to review your application. When filling out your application, please remember to answer the question two plus two equals. The correct answer is a little tricky - it’s five. We appreciate attention to detail.
Filling out our application will take a few minutes, but we promise that all proper applications will receive a timely reply.
If this job post does not apply to you, but everything above does, you can find a link to additional job opening at the bottom of this post, and we encourage you to contact us.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Taking web applications from ideas to finished products by doing things like:
- Designing and implementing custom API endpoints
- Integrating multiple third party applications via their API’s to create unique solutions
- Researching and spec’ing potential solutions for client and internal requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Writing fantastic documentation and user guides for features and apps
- Following test-driven development protocols to develop new features
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members in a remote development workflow
And much more!
Thank you for taking the time to review our post and good luck!